Day 8: random fun (if you’re into that sort of thing)

I am so glad I took the day off. I really needed the time to rest my hip. Even with some of the meds the doctors gave me, I was up until 1:00 A.M. trying to make myself comfortable.  I made a conscious effort to stay on the couch as much as possible today, which helped out substantially. That’s not to say that I didn’t accomplish anything. What has two thumbs and graded 29 essays? This girl.

My day was completely brightened by the visit of my friend Karen. Not only was she nice enough to bring me her warm company, she also brought me some warm Starbucks. I’ve been friends with Karen for about two years now, and in that short time she has come to know me very well. She brought me some bands so that I can keep up with my upper-body workouts (I’m not allowed to lift anything, but I can stretch like the dickens!), a very useful bag that I can wear off to my side (so much easier to use than the book bag), and the first season of Once Upon a Time (everyone I know who has seen it swears I will love it). A banner day, to be sure! I feel about 80% ready to tackle the rest of my week. I’m sure the other 20% will catch up to me at some point.

Now for the random. I’ve mentioned to/shown friends and family members the pictures from my surgery. A few thought I should post them on the blog, so below is the arthroscopic fun. Having said that, these are not gory. I am quite squeamish myself, but I can look at the pics without any issues. However, if you do end up tossing your cookies, consider yourself forewarned, and please don’t send me hate comments. Honestly, I give you credit if you can even figure out what the hell you’re looking at.

surgery pic 2surgery pic 1surgery pic 3And now a few more random thoughts of the day:

1. The magical hummus fairies at Sabra make little portable hummus cups that come with pretzel chips. This has brought great joy to my life.

2. My cat Gatsby farted on me while I was writing the first paragraph of this blog.

3. I’m as giddy as a 5-year old on Christmas morning that The New Girl and The Mindy Project both restart their post-holiday seasons this evening. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I can stay awake, but the DVR will be set just in case.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Day 8: random fun (if you’re into that sort of thing)

  1. Erin says:

    How could you tell you cat farted? Was he looking around the room? Love ya!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s